Monthly Demonstrations by artists are offered as a free educational opportunity to the community - all are welcome to attend!
- Kit Timmins has a long love affair with art, influenced by her mother and her grandfather, the "Renaissance Man". At twelve she declared that she planned to become an artist. At Texas Tech she studied with Paul Hanna, Juanita Pollard, and Allen Fainter, switching from graphic design to painting and drawing. Her marriage to Jay Timmins brought her to Brownwood and Howard Payne University where she took classes under Eloise Trigg and Maureen and Charles Stewart. She was graduated with a degree of BS in Applied Art with a minor in English and also finished a degree in Secondary Education.
- In 1972 she began teaching art and English at the Brownwood State School. After four years there, she taught English at the Brownwood Junior High. The birth of son James in 1978 changed her direction and she retired for teaching in 1980.
- Her love of graphics led her into the design and construction of stained glass. Many of her pieces are found in homes locally and as far away as New Mexico, Arkansas, and Missouri. She continues working in glass today. She has repaired many of the beveled glass windows in Brownwood's historical homes including the historic Rogers House on Center Avenue.
- About 14 years ago, Kit decided to get back into painting. She joined the Brownwood Art Association. She has served as the Ways and Means Chair, the Exhibits Chair, and the President, all two year terms. She also acted as project manager for the renovation of the Art Center at 215 Fisk.
- Kit rediscovered a passion for pastel which is now her medium of choice. Her watercolors and pastels have been juried into the art exhibits in Brownwood and Coleman, where she won Best of Show. She has won the Stars of Texas Juried Art Show's Pastel Award six years running.
- She is a jury-accepted member of the Pastel Society of America. She is also a member of the Pastel Society of the Southwest where her paintings have been juried into the National Exhibit for the last four years. This October she was proud to receive the top honor in that competition, Best of Show.
- She lives southeast of Bownwood on the family ranch with her husband Jay, dog Pete, and cats Dolly and Izzie.