Activities for the Month of September at the Art Center
- September 6, 13, 20, 27th: Tuesday Art Classes with Claudette Womack. Morning session is from 9 to 11 a.m. and evening session is from 6 to 8 p.m. Cost is $12 per class, for more information, contact Claudette at 512-940-1713
- September 7, 14, 21 28th: People Painters Live Drawing Group. This fun group meets on Wednesdays at the Art Center to sketch, or paint live models. The group is open to Art Association Members and the general public, free of charge. Sessions are held every Wednesday from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. if a model has been scheduled. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- September 8th: The Brownwood Art Association Photography Group meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6 p.m. and is open to photographers at any level, no camera equipment is required. The group is free to join and is focused on the love of photography. Mentors are available for amateur photographers looking to improve their abilities. For more information about the group, contact Fred Spencer at email@example.com.
- September 9th: The September Muse & Merlot monthly painting party will recreate Katsushika Hokusai's "The Great Wave off Kanazawa" on Friday, September 9th. Cost is $35 per painter and includes all supplies and step-by-step instruction. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and painting begins at 7 p.m. Seating is limited, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
- September 10, 2016: Edie Jones will be sharing ways in which she creates original works from a slab of clay. Techniques include preparing the clay for the sculpturing processes, use of materials to create textures, sculpting methods and glazes used for each individual creation in high fire, low fire and raku processing. Edie began her work with clay during the 1970’s as a student at Garden City Community College, Garden City, Kansas. She continued to enjoy visiting ceramic classes as a higher education professional while serving in Kansas, Iowa and Minnesota, as a faculty member, a college dean and as a vice president. Retiring to San Angelo in 2008, Edie has invested more time creating with clay. Edie’s clay art has been entered into West Texas art contests including the Stribling Art Extravaganza, San Angelo, the Colorado City Art showings, the Odessa Art Association Juried Show, at the Kendall Gallery, San Angelo, and at the Stars of Texas Juried Art Show, Brownwood, Texas. Exhibits of her clay sculptures in San Angelo have been located at The Chicken Farm Art Center, with the Women Artists of West Texas, a private showing, at the San Angelo Museum of Fine Arts, at the Kendall Gallery and at the San Angelo West Library. Edie is a member of the San Angelo Art Club. She continues to search for ways to improve her sculptures under the tutelage of Esteban Apodaca, Professor of Ceramics, Angelo State University.
- September 15th: The Brownwood Art Association is partnered with A.M.P. (Art, Music, People) to host a monthly Open Mic Night for the community. Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend this free event. There are twenty (20) entertainment slots available, performers are encouraged to call: 325.642.3036 to be added to the list, if no answer, please leave a message. Artists are welcome to come and create during the Open Mic Night! When music and art combine, it's a wonderful event for our community! Open Mic Night is scheduled for Thursday, September 15th, starting at 6 p.m. and ending at 10 p.m. at the Art Center at 215 Fisk Avenue in downtown Brownwood. Admission is free!